(November 12 – December 4 2022)
ENTRY DEADLINE: October 5, 2022
Article 1. ORGANIZATION
Host City: Suzhou
Award of ExcellenceUS$1200 1
China Pastel Network AwardUS$850 1
First AwardUS$700 1
Second AwardUS$600 2
Third AwardUS$500 3
Honorable MentionsUS$150 10
Organizing Committee of China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition
Suzhou City Artists Association
Ming Gallery of Art
Harmony Art Center
Article 2. ACTIVITY DATE
Date: November 12–December 4 2022
2.Announcement of award results
Date: October 25 (Tuesday)
Article 3. VENUE
Exhibition: Ming Gallery of Art, Building No.15, Li Gongdi Project IV, Suzhou Ind. Park
Article 4. EXHIBITION FORM
In view of the possible impact of COVID-19 on the exhibition, the 5th China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition will adopt a combination of online and offline approaches, in which the selected works of foreign artists will only be exhibited online.
Article 5. WORK REQUIREMENTS
1.Works must be in dry pastel with final surface a minimum of 80%.
2.All works must have been created within the last two years.
3.Works must be original, not copied from other artists or published materials.
4.All artworks must be originally drawn and not created on top of a base photo or print.
5.Paintings of nudes will be considered for acceptance.
6.No limitation in the exhibit painting size.
Article 6. EXHIBITION PROCEDURES
Stage 1: Submission of work (August 15-October 5)
The submission deadline is October 5, 2022. The artists must send his/her submitted works to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1.The email title should be "Entry for the 5th Biennale".
2.1-3 works are accepted for an artist to submit.
3.All submitted works must be in JPG format, 72DPI, with at least 1280 pixels.
4.Naming format of picture should include the name of author, title of work, size of work, time and country. (ie. Name_title_50×40cm_2022_France. JPG )
Stage 2: Selection stage (October 6-October 25)
1. Selection of Works (October 6-October 10)
The jury will select 100 works based on electronic pictures and announce the selection results on October 10 on www.chinapastel.com .
2. Awards selection (October 11-October 25)
The selected Chinese artists shall send their original works to the organizing committee before October 20.
Selected foreign artists only need to send: ① images of works in JPG format, 300DPI，with at least 1280 pixels; ② personal avatar photo; ③ bio in 150 word and the work introduction in 150 word. Send to (email@example.com).
The jury will select the winning works and inform the winning artists by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) after October 25.
Stage 3: Exhibition (November 12 – December 4)
1. Opening Ceremony and Award Ceremony:
Time: 14:00-17:00, November 12th 2022
Date: November 12 – December 4
Location: Ming Gallery of Art
The winner and the selected candidate will receive a certificate of honor and a catalog of The 5th China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition.
Article 7. MISCELLANEOUS
1. Participating artists should do relevant work in strict accordance with the schedule according to the submission rules;
2. Please save (email@example.com) as the contact person. All the selected (award winning) works will be exhibited in the "Online exhibition hall" of The "Pastel Art Network" (www.chinapastel.com) from November 12, 2022.
3. The Event Organizer reserves the rights to publish, photograph, filming and carry out all publicity and promotion of all the exhibit works.
4. By applying for participation and or participating to the 5th China International Pastel Biennial, you accept the terms, conditions, rules applied by the organizers.