Article 1. ORGANIZATION
Host City: Suzhou
Award of ExcellenceUS$12001
China Pastel Network AwardUS$850 1
Organizing Committee of China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition
Suzhou City Artists Association
Suzhou Industrial Park Federation of Literary and Art Circles
Ming Gallery of Art
Harmony Art Center
Article 2. ACTIVITY DATE
Date: October 17– November 15, 2020
Date: October 17 (Saturday), 2:00 PM
Article 3. VENUE
Exhibition: Ming Gallery of Art, Building No.15, Li Gongdi Project IV, Suzhou Ind. Park
Article 4. EXHIBITION FORM
In view of the possible impact of COVID-19 on the exhibition, the 4th China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition will adopt a combination of online and offline approaches, in which the selected works of foreign artists will only be exhibited online.
Article 5. WORK REQUIREMENTS
1.Works must be in dry pastel with final surface a minimum of 80%.
2.All works must have been created within the last two years.
3.Works must be original, not copied from other artists or published materials.
4.All artworks must be originally drawn and not created on top of a base photo or print.
5.Paintings of nudes will be considered for acceptance.
6.No limitation in the exhibit painting size.
Article 6. EXHIBITION PROCEDURES
Stage 1: Submission of work (July 30 - September 15)
The submission deadline is September 15, 2020. The artist must log in to the Art submission website (www.art-submit.com) and submit his/her work.
1.Log in "Art solicitation website" and complete registration/login.
2.Find "2020 The 4th China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition" in the website "Prospectus" page.
3.1-3 works are accepted for an artist to submit.
4.All submitted works must be in JPG format, 300DPI, with at least 1280 pixels. (uploaded images should not be greater than 5M).
5.Naming format of picture should include the name of author, title of work, size of work, time and country. (ie. Name_title_50×40cm_2018_France. JPG )
Stage 2: Selection stage (September 16 - September 30)
1. Selection of Works (September 16 - September 18)
The jury will select 100 works based on electronic pictures and announce the selection results on September 18 on www.chinapastel.com and www.art-submit.com.
2. Awards selection (September 27 - September 30)
The selected Chinese artists shall send their original works to the organizing committee before September 25. The jury will select the winning works and inform the winning artists by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on September 30.
Stage 3: Exhibition (17 October - 15 November)
1. Opening Ceremony and Award Ceremony:
Time: 14:00-17:00, October 17th 2020
Date: October 17 - November 15
Location: Ming Gallery of Art
The winner and the selected candidate will receive a certificate of honor and a catalog of The 4th China (Suzhou) International Pastel Biennial Exhibition.
Article 7. MISCELLANEOUS
1. Participating artists should do relevant work in strict accordance with the schedule according to the submission rules;
2. Please save email@example.com as the contact person. All the selected (award winning) works will be exhibited in the "Online exhibition hall" of The "Pastel Art Network" (www.chinapastel.com) and the "Art Submission network" (http://www.art-submit.com) from October 17, 2020.
3. The Event Organizer reserves the rights to publish, photograph, filming and carry out all publicity and promotion of all the exhibit works.
4. By applying for participation and or participating to the 4th China International Pastel Biennial, you accept the terms, conditions, rules applied by the organizers.